Plymouth Family Optometry is open & Offering Appointments!
We are open and thinking about your safety!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, please stay in your car and call the practice.
- A staff member will meet you in the parking lot and will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. COVID-19 screening questions will be asked.
- Any patient exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms will be rescheduled and asked to contact their primary care physician.
- Only one patient will be allowed in the office at one time.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- The contact information of anyone accompanying a patient will be recorded at the front desk.
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- We will give each patient a face mask and gloves to put on before entering the office. Please make sure the metal strip on the mask is pressed down on the bridge of the nose. The blue side of the mask should be facing out.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup).
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields are being installed at the front check-in desk.
- Both Dr. Racette and staff members will be screened for COVID-19 signs or symptoms at the start of each day.
- Dr. Racette and all staff members will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks and gloves.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- The front door will be kept locked to prevent anyone who has not been screened from entering the office.
- We will disinfect eyeglass frames before a patient has contact with them and after.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- We will be aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.